With a looming recession and uncertainty growing, more organizations are looking for ways to cut spending and increase efficiencies. Many
This acceptable use policy (the “Policy”) defines acceptable practices relating to the use of the services offered by Lightstream Managed Services, LLC and its affiliates (“Lightstream”; such service or services defined herein as “Service(s)”) and the websites located at https://www.lightstream.io, https://connect.lightstream.io, or any other Lightstream website by customers of Lightstream (“Customer(s)”) and by users that have gained access to the Service through a Customer’s account(s) (“User(s)”).
The Policy applies to all aspects of the Service. As used in this Policy, “you” refers to Customers, and any reference to “Users” is intended to encompass, as applicable, both Customers and their Users.
By using the Service, you acknowledge that you and your Users are responsible for compliance with the Policy. You are responsible for violations of this Policy by any User that accesses the Services through your account, inclusive without limitation Users for whom you provide services as a reseller of Lightstream’s Services.
This Policy is designed to assist in protecting the Lightstream Service, our Users and the Internet community as a whole from improper and/or illegal activity over the Internet, to improve Service and to improve Service offerings.
Lightstream reserves the right to modify, the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at https://www.lightstream.io/aup
RIGHTS OF LIGHTSTREAM
Suspension or Termination of Service
If Users engage in conduct or a pattern of conduct, including without limitation repeated violations by a User whereby correction of individual violations does not in Lightstream’s sole discretion correct a pattern of the same or similar violations, while using the Service that violates the Policy, or is otherwise illegal or improper, Lightstream reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate the Service or the User’s access to the Service.
Lightstream will generally attempt to notify you of any activity in violation of the Policy and request that the User cease such activity; however, in cases where the operation of the Lightstream Service is threatened or cases involving the below prohibited activities, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Service or the User’s access to the Service without notification. In addition, we may take any other appropriate action against you or a User for violations of the Policy, including repeated violations wherein correction of individual violations does not in Lightstream’s sole discretion correct a pattern of the same or similar violations. We do not make any promise, nor do we have any obligation, to monitor or police activity occurring using the Service and will have no liability to any party, including you, for any violation of the Policy.
- Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities that are illegal, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography, offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP/IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
Cooperation with Investigations
Lightstream will cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies and other parties involved in investigating claims of illegal or inappropriate activity. Lightstream reserves the right to disclose Customer information to the extent authorized by federal or state law. Customer hereby consents to any such disclosure by Lightstream.
As a reseller Customer of Lightstream’s Services (if applicable), by using and accepting Services, you consent to our disclosure to any law enforcement agency, without the need for subpoena, of your identity as the service provider of record (including basic contact information), as applicable, for any User about whom Lightstream is contacted by the law enforcement agency.
We reserve the right to install and use, or to have you install and use, any appropriate devices to prevent violations of this Policy, including devices designed to filter or terminate access to the Service. By accepting and using the Service, you consent to allowing us to collect service information and routing information in the normal course of our business, and to use such information for general business purposes.
Users are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of password and account information, as well as the security of their Service. You agree immediately to notify Lightstream of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security known to you. If you become aware of any violation of this Policy by any person, including Users that have accessed the Service through your account, you are required to notify us.
Impending Security Event Notification
All Users of the Lightstream Network are responsible for notifying Lightstream immediately if they become aware of an impending event that may negatively affect the Lightstream Service. This includes extortion threats that involve threat of “denial of service” attacks, unauthorized access, or other security events.
In most cases, we will notify our Customer(s) of complaints received by us regarding an alleged violation of this Policy. You agree to promptly investigate all such complaints and take all necessary actions to remedy any violations of this Policy. We may inform the complainant that you are investigating the complaint and may provide the complainant with the necessary information to contact you directly to resolve the complaint. You shall identify a representative for the purposes of receiving such communications.
Additional Terms and Conditions
The use of the Lightstream Services by a Customer of Lightstream is subject to the terms and conditions of any agreements entered into by such Customer and Lightstream.
This Policy is incorporated into such agreements by reference.
© 2016-2018 Lightstream Managed Services, LLC
Lightstream Acceptable Use Policy— v1.2
Last updated: August 2020